Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tea Bagging and Politics

For those who, like me, had no idea what the newly popular terms, "tea bagging" and "tea baggers" meant, I point you to an article by Kyle-Anne Shiver , Are Liberals Encouraging Pedophiles with Their "Tea Bagger" Epithet? You Decide. She has written and published it at great personal expense both emotionally and financially.

I warn you not to read it if you are at all squeamish about sexual perversion. But, whether you read it or not, please do not use these words or allow others to use them in your presence. The vile terms have no place in civil discourse, the public square, or polite society. Honest, patriotic, G_d-fearing Americans should never be associated with the idea, the phrase, or the practice. Do not allow anyone to titillate themselves or others by saying the words out loud. Write protest letters to the editor if you run across them in print.

*I have carried Kyle Anne-Shiver's blog, Common Sense Regained, on my blog roll since reading and admiring her work at American Thinker. Last April and last August, I wrote about specific columns she had written. Sadly, AT refused to publish her current article.

No comments: