Tuesday, November 3, 2009

If My People

On the way where I shall walk they have hidden a snare to entrap me. Look on my right and see: there is no one who takes my part. I have no means of escape, not one who cares for my soul.

I cry to you, O Lord. I have said: "You are my refuge, all I have left in the land of the living. Listen, then, to my cry for I am in the depths of distress. Rescue me from those who pursue me for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of this prison and then I shall praise your name." Psalm 142:3B-7A
Individually, none of us has a lot of power on election day. We may have little or nothing to contribute financially to worthy office seekers; lack of time and energy usually constricts our ability to work in the campaign office; each person has only have one vote. But we do have prayer, the spiritual nuclear weapon of all time. Let us fervently pray for every precinct -- that there would be no voter fraud or intimidation. May everyone vote according to the will of God. And may every vote be counted honestly.

No comments: