Thursday, November 19, 2009

If My People

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16b
I can do fervent. It's easy to be fervent in prayer as the problems mount up higher and higher. I can even work on the "effectual" part as I model my prayer after the prayer the Lord Jesus taught His followers along with other examples in the Bible. It's the righteous person part that gives me pause.

I keep remembering the Pharisees, the church leaders and good people of that day, who did all the right things even to tithing the herbs in their gardens. Yet they received condemnation because although they knew much about God, but they didn't recognize Him when He was in their midst living out the principles of God in front of their eyes.

Dear Lord, help us all to know and love You more fully so that our fervent prayers would be effective. And please protect our country from all enemies, both within and without.

No comments: