Thursday, September 24, 2009

If My People, Part II

I said, "My G_d, I am too ashamed and confounded to raise my face to you, O my G_d, for our wicked deeds are heaped up above our heads and our guilt reaches up to heaven. From the time of our fathers even to this day great has been our guilt, and for our wickd deeds we have been delivered up, we and our kings and our priests, to the will of the kings of foreign lands, to the sword, to captivity, to pillage and to disgrace, as is the case today." Ezra 9:6,7

This is the second day for us to fast and pray for our country, asking God to forgive us personally and to forgive those "who know not what they do" wrong. And we can pray for the hearts of our leaders to be enlightened by the Holy Spirit and that the plans of evil men be confounded.

We can fast or add penance to our prayers by some small sacrifice such as giving up cream in our coffee, doing without dessert, or walking an extra 20 minutes.

No comments: